Riverview Bus Accident AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
When you board a bus, you expect a safe and comfortable ride to your destination. Unfortunately, bus accidents can happen – and when they do, the aftermath can be devastating.
Why Choose Our Bus Accident Lawyers in Riverview?
If you or a loved one has been involved in a bus accident in Riverview, having a trusted legal partner by your side is essential. William Franchi and the Franchi Law team can be that trusted legal partner.
We offer free, no-obligation consultations to assess your Riverview bus accident case. Call 813-800-4LAW or book your free case review online today.
Responsibilities Of A Florida Bus Driver
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) defines a bus as “a motor vehicle with seating for transporting nine or more persons, including the driver.” In most circumstances, a bus driver needs to get a commercial driver’s license (CDL) to have a job as a bus driver, as mandated by new guidance by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
Considering these training requirements, it’s difficult to imagine that any bus driver intentionally seeks to cause the mayhem and pain of a bus accident. As individuals trying to perform a job, whether transporting kids to school or driving travelers to their final destination, bus drivers are likely not acting maliciously or trying to cause injuries when crashes happen.
However, a bus driver has a higher duty of care due to not acting negligently while driving a common carrier, a vehicle intended to transport passengers.
Examples Of Negligent Bus Driver Actions
Here are examples of the types of negligent activities bus drivers could do that could cause a bus accident:
- Not getting enough sleep or driving fatigued
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Not obeying traffic laws
- Ignoring blind spots
How A Legal Partner Like Franchi Law Can Help You With Your Riverview Bus Accident
After a bus accident, you may be dealing with physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial stress. It doesn’t matter if you were injured as a bus passenger, a driver in another car, or a pedestrian injured by a Riverview bus. However, by partnering with our personal injury lawyers in Riverview, you can get the support and guidance you need to navigate the complexities of your case.
Here’s how we can help you:
- Determining Liability In The Accident: Bus drivers are governed by a potentially complex network of liability. If the accident was due to a lack of maintenance, the government or private company that owns the bus may be at fault. If the bus travels across states (such as a Greyhound bus), then FMCSA may get involved.
- Collecting Evidence: After a bus accident, all you may want to do is recover from injuries, not deal with witnesses, and document accident timelines. The Franchi Law team will send out an investigator to you to help collect critical information that can help get a positive outcome in your case.
- Negotiating With Insurance Companies: Insurance adjusters are often focused on protecting their company’s bottom line rather than providing fair compensation to accident victims. A passionate bus accident lawyer like William Franchi can help level the playing field by negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf.
To learn more about how we can help you, call us at 814-800-4LAW or book an appointment online. In our free, no-obligation case review process, we can give you our expert opinion on your Riverview bus accident case and our advice on the next steps.