Tampa Motorcycle Accident LawyerRequest Free Consultation
Motorcycle accidents can prove extremely dangerous for riders. They can result in serious or disabling injuries. Some motorcycle accidents result in the death of the rider. Regardless, most motorcycle accidents result in lost wages and unexpected medical bills. Additionally, there are biases against motorcyclists that often must be overcome, even if the rider isn’t at fault.
If you or a loved one are hurt or killed in a motorcycle accident, our Tampa motorcycle accident lawyer is here to help. Our practice is dedicated to helping victims of serious accidents receive the compensation they need to move on with their lives. The first case evaluation is free and confidential. Additionally, you pay nothing unless we successfully resolve your case. Schedule a consultation with a Tampa motorcycle accident attorney today to learn how we can help you.
The Biases Against Motorcyclists Even When They’re Not at Fault
Although the majority of motorcycle accidents that occur in Tampa are not the fault of the motorcyclist, the rider faces potential bias from multiple directions. This includes, and may not be limited to:
- Other motorists, including those involved in the accident and witnesses
- Insurance companies, including the rider’s
- Responding police officers who draft the police report
It’s imperative to hire a Tampa motorcycle accident attorney or a Tampa car accident attorney who not only understands these biases but can also work the proper angles and issues to help overcome them.
What Are the Most Common Reasons Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Tampa?
Florida is one of the most dangerous states for motorcyclists. The statistics show that the most serious motorcycle accidents in Florida are the result of the carelessness and inattention of other drivers.
The most common reasons motorcycle accidents happen in Tampa include:
- Close to half of all motorcycle accidents in the Tampa area occur because of drivers attempting to go around a motorcycle during a left-hand turn.
- Motorcyclists in a vehicle’s blind spot are also a cause of serious injuries in motorcycle accidents.
- Motor vehicles that pull out in front of a motorcyclist because they did not properly estimate the speed that the motorcyclist was going. Instead of beating the motorcyclist into the intersection or onto the road or entering directly behind them, they hit them.
- Various types of road hazards also cause motorcycle accidents. Since motorcycles have only two wheels, road hazards are more likely to cause a motorcycle accident than a motor vehicle accident because the motorcycle isn’t as stable. Road hazards may include oil on the road, fresh asphalt, gravel, or loose rocks, standing water on the road such as a puddle, wet roads, or anything on the road that would cause the motorcyclist to swerve.
- Distracted driving is a serious danger for motorcyclists. This includes and is not limited to, eating, drinking, using a cell phone in any manner, a motor vehicle driver talking to a passenger, and anything that causes a person not to pay attention to the road.
- Speeding is a serious issue as well. It makes it more difficult to react or stop when necessary. Speed is a crucial factor in a motorcycle accident because it can mean the difference between life and death for the rider.
What Are the Most Common Injuries?
Motorcycle accidents may cause serious injuries even if the motorcyclist wears the proper protective gear. It’s crucial to keep in mind that the body may be hit by a motor vehicle at least once, depending on the type of accident, and then the road, sidewalk, or ground at a high rate of speed. The human body isn’t made for that sort of impact.
Not all injuries from motorcycle accidents are serious, but many are. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severely broken bones
- Facial fractures
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Road rash
- Foot and leg injuries
Compensation for Injuries From a Motorcycle Accident
Because the injuries from motorcycle accidents have the likelihood to be more severe, the expenses associated with them are more costly. Victims may be entitled to compensation for their injuries. Although it starts with filing a claim with the liable party’s insurance company, it’s vital to have an experienced Tampa personal injury attorney representing you to fight for fair treatment from the insurance company you are dealing with.
You may be entitled to receive compensation for:
- Medical expenses incurred immediately after the accident and future expenses. This includes, and is not limited to surgeries, rehabilitation, hospital stays, and more.
- Lost wages, disability (including temporary disability), and loss of earning capacity
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional damage
- Punitive damage in certain cases. Punitive damages are awarded by the court when the court wants to make an example of the defendant because of their behavior. An example may be a defendant being punished for road rage.
How a Tampa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer from Franchi Law Can Help
As a former law enforcement officer, William Franchi understands what it takes to perform a thorough investigation of not only the accident scene but also your entire case. Franchi Law provides individualized service and attention to each case. To learn how our Tampa motorcycle accident lawyers can help, schedule your free consultation now by calling (813)-800-4LAW today. If we don’t successfully resolve your claim, you don’t pay.