Riverview Truck Accident LawyerRequest Free Consultation
Have you or a loved one experienced the physical pain or emotional anguish stemming from a truck accident in Riverview? Are you struggling to make ends meet or stay on top of the paperwork after an injury that was the fault of a negligent truck driver? If so, the Franchi Law team is ready to help you.
Why Choose The Truck Accident Lawyers in Riverview?
William Franchi is an experienced trial litigator who formerly worked in law enforcement. He knows what it takes to win cases for Florida personal injury clients. That’s why Franchi Law never charges fees in your truck accident case unless we win it.
So get started with Riverview’s choice for truck accident cases. Request a free case review and consultation by calling 813-800-4LAW or visiting our online booking page.
When you think of the word “truck,” you may have a specific picture of what one looks like in your head. But the legal definition of the word truck is more complex than you think. Not only does the National Highway Safety Transportation Administration (NHSTA) get involved in this definition, but so does the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS).
The definition outlined by the FMVSS has largely not changed since the 1960s. FMVSS classifies a truck as a “motor vehicle designed primarily for the transportation of property or special purpose equipment.”
Trucks accidents are distinct from car accidents in Riverview such as SUVs, hatchbacks, or station wagons, as the federal government typically classifies trucks as non-passenger automobiles. This is because trucks are designed to transport equipment that may not be feasible in a sedan or passenger car.
Non-passenger automobiles have to perform one of the following functions:
- Provide greater cargo carrying capacity than passenger carrying capacity
- Transport property in an open bed OR more than ten people at once
- Have removable passenger seats for more cargo-carrying capacity in the cab
- Provide temporary living space
Additionally, non-passenger automobiles need to have either four-wheel drive or weigh over 6,000 pounds.
How Weight Plays A Factor In Truck Classifications
Trucks are further defined by their weight and towing capacity. Trucks intended for consumer use are generally categorized as light-duty or medium-duty trucks, with weights varying from less than 6,000 lbs to 26,000 lbs.
However, vehicles exceeding 26,001 lbs are typically heavy-duty and may require a commercial driver’s license. Heavy-duty trucks typically include vehicles like 18-wheelers, tow trucks, dump trucks, fire trucks, cement mixers, tanker trucks, and semi-tractor trailers.
The above weight classifications play an important role in regulating trucks and their operators and accurately reporting crash statistics.
Florida Truck Crash Statistics
In 2021, there were 401,540 total crashes, according to the Florida Department of Highway Safety And Motor Vehicle Safety (FHSMV).
Here was the number of accidents reported to each truck weight category in 2021 by FHSMV:
- Pickups: 77,011 accidents
- Medium/Heavy Trucks: 61,667 accidents
- Other Light Trucks: 17,644 accidents
Potential Injuries From A Truck Accident
Injuries caused by truck accidents can range from mild to severe. Common injuries that truck accident victims can experience include:
- Whiplash and Concussion
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Spinal Injuries
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Cracked or Broken Bones
- Internal Bleeding
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Crushed Limbs or Digits
Additionally, victims of truck accidents can experience mental health symptoms, which can include emotional distress, depression and anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
What Could My Riverview Truck Accident Case Be Worth?
Estimating how much an individual could receive in damages after a truck accident in Florida is difficult. A good rule of thumb is that the more severe the victims’ injuries, the greater likelihood the individual will receive more damages to compensate for the harm experienced.
At a minimum, if an individual’s case was successfully settled or litigated, they will receive economic damages. Economic damages are the real-work fiscal costs associated with an injury. It seeks to cover spending categories such as medical bills, lost wages, lost future earning potential, and even funeral costs.
Why Hire A Legal Team Like Franchi Law?
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, seeking legal representation from an experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyer in Riverview like William Franchi is essential.
Here are some reasons why:
- Knowledge of Trucking Regulations: Commercial trucking companies and drivers are subject to a complex web of state and federal regulations. William Franchi understands these regulations, which can be crucial in building a strong case for your injury claim.
- Investigation and Evidence Gathering: Truck accidents often involve multiple parties, including the driver, their insurance company, and any potential employers. The Franchi Law team has the resources and experience to conduct a thorough investigation and gather the necessary evidence to build a strong case.
- Proactive Communication: At Franchi Law, we understand how stressful and overwhelming the aftermath of a truck accident can be. That’s why we provide personalized attention and proactive communication throughout the legal process, keeping you informed every step of the way.
- Maximizing Compensation: Truck accident injuries can be severe and life-changing, with long-term medical needs and lost wages. William Franchi will fight to maximize your compensation, to help you receive the financial resources you need to recover as fully as possible.
- Trial Experience: While many personal injury cases are settled outside of court, it’s important to have a lawyer with extensive trial experience who is not afraid to take your case to court if necessary. William Franchi is a skilled trial lawyer who will fight for your rights and best interests, in and out of court.
Working with a dedicated and experienced personal injury lawyer like William Franchi is essential to ensuring your rights are protected and you receive the compensation you deserve after a truck accident injury.
Contact us at 813-800-4LAW today or fill out our online booking page to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation to learn more about how we can help you.