Riverview Motorcycle Accident AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
Many motorcyclists enjoy the open road because of the experience of freedom and how it requires the rider to be in the moment. Some mental health providers believe motorcycle riding is enjoyable because it is “meditation with a machine.”
But the zen enjoyment of motorcycle riding can be cruelly interrupted by a negligent motorist. An accident with an inattentive or reckless driver can leave a motorcycle rider permanently disabled, psychologically scarred, or even dead.
Why Choose Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Riverview?
At Franchi Law, our lead Riverview personal injury attorney, William Franchi, is passionate about holding these dangerous drivers accountable on Florida roads. Our commitment to bringing negligent third parties to justice is why we do what we do at Franchi Law.
With successful settlements and jury verdicts totaling millions of dollars, our track record speaks for itself. We’re so confident in our ability to win cases for clients, motorcycle accident victims never pay us unless we win or successfully settle their case.
So get started with Riverview’s top motorcycle accident lawyer team. Call 813-800-4LAW or book online to receive a free, no-obligation Riverview motorcycle accident case review today.
Motorcycle Crash Statistics In Florida
Motorcycles are a common means of travel throughout the highways and streets of Riverview each year. Regarding motorcycle registrations in 2020, Florida came second to California with just over 100,000 registrations. This motorcycle registration rate is shocking, considering that California has over double the number of residents living in the state, according to the U.S. Census.
Since motorcycles are such a popular means of transportation, accidents and crashes can occur more regularly. As reported by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), in 2022, there were 9,126 motorcycle accidents. Of those accidents, 586 resulted in the motorcycle rider’s death.
Motorcycle Accidents Often Result In Catastrophic Or Fatal Injuries
Because of the very nature of the motorcycle, motorcycle riders are more vulnerable to catastrophic injuries or fatalities than individuals driving in cars.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) found that there is a greater fatality rate for individuals riding motorcycles than other vehicle drivers. In fact, motorcycle riders are 28 times more likely to die on the road than other drivers.
The reasons for this are fairly obvious:
- A motorcyclist is exposed to direct impact between his/her body and the pavement or other vehicles.
- Motorcycles are not as stable as other vehicles.
- Motorcycles are smaller and lighter than other motor vehicles (i.e., cars, trucks, and buses) and are more susceptible to a lighter impact causing greater damage.
- Motorcycles lack the visibility of other vehicles. Other drivers may not notice or observe motorcycles and fail to yield, cut them off, or follow them too closely, etc.
- In Florida, motorcycle riders are not always required to wear a helmet, as long as they meet certain criteria as dictated in statute.
- Not wearing a helmet when riding is associated with a greater likelihood of a fatal motorcycle crash, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Motorcycle Accidents And Florida’s No-Fault Insurance System
No-fault states like Florida are unique from tort states in that personal injury lawsuits are generally prohibited unless the motorcycle accident and the resulting injuries meet criteria known as a “tort threshold.”
These criteria include:
- The resulting injury is permanent or involves scarring, disfigurement, or death. Injuries of this severity are defined as “serious bodily injury” under Florida statutes.
- The injured party must incur more than $10,000 in reasonable and necessary medical expenses.
- There are exceptions to this, so it is important to call a Riverview motorcycle accident attorney to discuss. The Franchi Law team is available for free motorcycle case consultations by calling 813-800-4LAW.
A motorcycle rider whose injuries meet this standard can take legal action against the negligent third party. If a successful settlement or jury verdict is reached, a seriously injured motorcycle rider can recover economic and non-economic damages to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
If the injuries do not meet these criteria, any individuals injured in the motorcycle accidents must utilize their Personal Injury Protection (PIP) benefits as dictated by their insurance carrier. The PIP insurance will likely cover up to 80% of the medical bills incurred, up to $10,000.
How Long Do I Have To Bring A Claim For A Serious Bodily Injury From A Riverview Motorcycle Crash Lawyer?
The Florida Statute of Limitations requires all injury claims to be filed in court within “four years after the cause of action occurs.” This means that if a lawsuit is going to be filed, it must be done prior to four years from the date of the Riverview motorcycle accident.
Despite this four-year window, it’s in your best interests to discuss your case with a Riverview motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible after the motorcycle accident occurs to ensure the preservation of evidence and establish contact with any witnesses.
How To Strengthen Your Motorcycle Accident Claim in Riverview
Being prepared and knowing how to strengthen your motorcycle accident claim can significantly impact the outcome of your case. Here are some essential steps to follow:
- Document the Scene: If possible, gather evidence at the accident scene. Take photos of the vehicles involved, road conditions, traffic signals, and any visible injuries.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if your injuries seem minor, seek medical attention immediately. Some injuries may not be apparent right away, and prompt medical attention can help establish a link between the accident and your injuries.
- Collect Witness Information: Obtain names and contact information from any witnesses present at the scene. Their statements can be valuable in supporting your claim.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. However, avoid discussing the details of the accident without consulting your lawyer.
- Avoid Giving Recorded Statements: Insurance adjusters may try to obtain recorded statements from you. Politely decline until you have spoken with your Riverview Motorcycle Accident Lawyer.
- Preserve Evidence: Keep all documents related to the accident, such as medical records, repair bills, and correspondence with insurance companies.
- Consult an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney: Contact Riverview Law Associates to speak with an experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer. Our team will guide you through the legal process and protect your rights.
Call Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Riverview Today
When Riverview residents suffer injuries in motorcycle accidents caused by negligent drivers, the right Riverview motorcycle accident lawyer can make a huge difference in recovering fair compensation.
You should trust our Riverview motorcycle accident lawyers with handling your motorcycle accident case for several reasons:
- William Franchi has successfully settled and litigated thousands of personal injury, car accident, motorcycle accident, and wrongful death accidents in Riverview.
- William Franchi maintains a close relationship with all his clients.
- We are dedicated to helping injured Riverview motorcycle accident victims.
- William Franchi has secured millions of dollars for clients in insurance settlements and jury verdicts over the years.
- Franchi Law operates on a contingency fee basis. There is only a charge for our services if we secure a settlement or verdict for the client.
- William Franchi understands motorcyclists. He holds a motorcycle endorsement, and from time to time can be found riding in the beautiful Florida sunshine.
- Our team is dedicated to providing personalized attention and proactive communication throughout the legal process.
So request your motorcycle accident case review and consultation with William Franchi and the Franchi Law team today. We make scheduling your case review easy. Book today by using our consultation scheduling page or by calling 813-800-4LAW.