Why Choose Franchi Injury Law for Your Motorcycle Accident Claim?
When Riverview residents suffer injuries in motorcycle accidents caused by negligent drivers, the right Riverview motorcycle accident lawyer can make a huge difference in recovering fair compensation. You should trust Franchi Injury Law with handling your motorcycle accident case for several reasons:
- William Franchi has successfully settled and litigated thousands of personal injury, car accident, motorcycle accident, and wrongful death claims in Florida.
- William Franchi maintains a close relationship with all his clients.
- We are dedicated to helping injured Riverview motorcycle accident victims.
- Every motorcycle crash client gets the Franchi Injury Law Promise.
- William Franchi has secured millions of dollars for clients in insurance settlements and jury verdicts over the years.
- Franchi Injury Law operates on a contingency-fee basis. There is only a charge for our services if we secure a settlement or verdict for the client.
Motorcycle Accidents and Florida’s No-Fault System
No-fault states like Florida are unique from tort states in that personal injury lawsuits are generally prohibited unless the motorcycle accident and the resulting injuries meet criteria known as a “tort threshold.” These criteria include:
- The injured party must incur more than $10,000 in reasonable and necessary medical expenses. There are exceptions to this, so it is important to call a Riverview motorcycle accident attorney to discuss.
- The resulting injury is permanent or involves scarring, disfigurement, or death.
How long to I have to bring a claim for an injury from a Riverview Motorcycle Crash
The Florida Statute of Limitations requires all injury claims be filed in court within “four years after the cause of action occurs.” This means that if a lawsuit is going to be filed, it must be done prior to four years from the date of the Riverview motorcycle accident. Despite this four year window, it’s in your best interests to discuss your case with an attorney as soon as possible after the motorcycle accident occurs to ensure the preservation of evidence and establish contact with any witnesses.
Motorcycle Accident Injury Are Often Catastrophic
Motorcycles are a common means of travel throughout the highways and streets of Riverview each year. Because of the very nature of the motorcycle, their riders are more vulnerable to catastrophic injuries than those driving in cars. The reasons for this are fairly obvious:
- A motorcyclist is exposed to direct impact between his/her body and the pavement or other vehicles.
- Motorcycles are not as stable as other vehicles.
- Motorcycles are smaller and lighter than other motor vehicle (i.e. cars, trucks and buses) and are more susceptible to a lighter impact causing greater damage.
- Motorcycles lack the visibility of other vehicle. Other drivers may not notice or observe motorcycles and fail to yield, cut motorcycles off, or follow motorcycles too closely, etc.
William Franchi holds a motorcycle endorsement, and from time to time be found riding in the beautiful Florida sunshine.