Riverview DUI Defense AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
A driving under the influence (DUI) arrest often stems from a simple mistake or misunderstanding, yet it can lead to serious legal consequences. The implications of such an arrest can be daunting, potentially affecting your license, livelihood, and legal record
At Franchi Law, our Riverview DUI lawyers understand the stakes involved in these cases. We offer robust defense strategies tailored to the nuances of your case and are committed to protecting your rights throughout the criminal justice process. If you find yourself facing a DUI charge, do not hesitate to schedule a free consultation with us and learn how we can help.
Why Choose Our DUI Defense Lawyers in Riverview?
- We understand the intricacies of Florida’s DUI laws and will take the time to discuss your rights in plain language, helping you stay informed throughout the legal process.
- With a track record rich in trial experience, we are prepared to defend your case in court. Even other lawyers look to us when they need a firm to take a case to trial.
- Our Riverview DUI defense attorneys will always be honest about your case and options, allowing you to make decisions and prepare for each stage of your DUI case.
Florida DUI Laws and Penalties
Under Florida DUI law, the act of driving or exercising control over a vehicle while impaired by alcohol, controlled substances, or other chemical substances is strictly prohibited. The state’s stringent DUI laws mean that even without driving, you could face charges simply for being near a vehicle with the potential to drive.
The defined BAC limit is 0.08% for most drivers and 0.04% for commercial vehicle operators. Exceeding these limits establishes per se intoxication, removing the need for additional evidence of impairment. However, drivers exhibiting signs of impairment can be charged with a DUI even if their BAC is below these thresholds.
Penalties for a first DUI offense may include up to six months in jail, fines between $500 to $1,000, and other consequences such as probation, community service, vehicle impoundment, and the installation of an ignition interlock device (IID). A second offense escalates the penalties, with higher fines and potential jail time, mandatory IID installation, and a significant license revocation period.
What to Do After a DUI Arrest in Riverview
If a police officer pulls you over on suspicion of DUI, maintaining composure is crucial. Take the following steps to protect your rights and seek help following your arrest:
- Remain silent and avoid discussing details of the situation or your activities, as these statements can be used against you in court.
- Comply with the officer’s physical requests, such as providing your license and registration, but politely decline to answer questions that could impact your case.
- Request to speak with an Riverview DUI defense attorney immediately. Early legal guidance is key in navigating your rights and building a strong defense.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
DUI charges come with their own complexities and potential ramifications. With Franchi Law by your side, you can navigate the next steps with knowledge and confidence. Our Riverview DUI attorneys can guide you through the legal process and advocate for your rights each step of the way. Contact us at (813) 800-4529 to start your consultation and learn how we can help.